Chris Brown- Partner
Chris’ legal practice focuses on commercial litigation, defending individuals in front of government entities and administrative boards, and representing plaintiffs in complex personal injury lawsuits. He also focuses on estate planning and advising local businesses with corporate governance and business transactions.
Prior to joining Fisher Hudson Shallat, Chris was an associate attorney at Moore & Elia, LLP in Boise where his practice focused on insurance defense, governmental liability, civil rights, premises liability, aviation, automobile and trucking liability, general negligence, personal injury and wrongful death. Before practicing law, Chris lived in San Francisco where he worked as a paralegal at the law firm Millar & Associates and as a recruiter for a venture-backed recruiting company. During law school, Chris completed a semester-in-practice in St. Luke’s Health System’s legal department during which time he aided the company in its antitrust defense following claims that a recent acquisition violated Section 7 of the Clayton Act and the Idaho Competition Act.
Chris is a fourth generation Idahoan. He currently serves as a board member for the Aquarium of Boise and as an advisory board member and general counsel for the Idaho Chapter of the American Association of Subcontractors. He graduated from Timberline High School where he was a 2003 NSCAA Adidas All-American soccer player, and then he went on to play all four years on Wesleyan University’s soccer team. In his free time, Chris enjoys mountain biking, snow skiing and fly fishing.
- Idaho State Bar (ISB)
- Idaho State Bar, Young Lawyers section
- Federal Bar Association (FBA)
- Idaho Trial Lawyers Association (ITLA)
- Aizpitarte v. Minear, 170 Idaho 186, 508 P.3d 1260 (2022). Successfully represented plaintiff landowners to establish an implied easement by prior use, at the trial court and as respondent on appeal at the Idaho Supreme Court.
- Settled six figure UIM lawsuit on behalf of injured pedestrian who was struck by vehicle in parking lot.
- Successfully settled consumer protection act lawsuit on behalf of local farmer against multinational farm equipment manufacturer.
- Represented pilot in his FAA appeal following the suspension of his pilot’s certificate, settlement resulting in reinstatement of pilot’s certificate.
- Successfully defended residential property developer in business separation lawsuit filed by client’s joint venture partner, resulting settlement payment to client.