Government Investigations and Professional License Defense
Fisher Hudson Brown Horton attorneys have significant experience representing individuals, companies and non-profits in a wide variety of government investigations including professional license prosecutions. Our experienced professional license defense attorneys can represent you or your company in investigations involving a wide variety of government agencies including: U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Idaho Department of Finance, U.S. Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights, Office of the U.S. Attorney and the Idaho Office of the Attorney General.
Federal and state agencies have broad investigative and enforcement powers and it is as important to have representation during the investigation as it is after charges are filed. Our professional license defense attorneys first focus on resolving the investigation without charges or public lawsuits being filed. We have a track record for successfully resolving professional license inquiry and administrative complaints, but if charges are filed then we are fully prepared to defend at the administrative, trial and appellate levels.
Many administrative complaints can put your professional license at serious risk. These activities constitute professional misconduct or can include white-collar crimes like fraud or embezzlement.
Our professional licenses defense attorneys have experience representing individuals in front of these government agencies:
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Idaho Department of Finance
- U.S. Department of Labor
- Idaho Department of Labor
- Office of the U.S. Attorney
- Idaho Office of the Attorney General
- U.S. Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights
- Idaho Department of Insurance
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority
- Various State Occupational Boards including Massage
- Therapy Board and the Nursing Board
- U.S. Forest Service (Department of Agriculture)
- U.S. Bureau of Land Management (Department of the Interior)