Anthony Shallat represents clients in state and federal litigation. Anthony’s litigation experience includes real estate, commercial, and civil rights law. Anthony enjoys focusing on the step-by-step process of a lawsuit which allows his clients to frame a favorable narrative from the beginning of a dispute.
Anthony also advises local businesses on contract formation and corporate governance. Anthony represents small business clients in industries ranging from beer distributors to construction companies.
Born and raised in Boise, Anthony attended college in San Diego and then worked in Washington, D.C. as a political strategist. Anthony returned to Idaho to attend law school and served as a senior editor on the prestigious Idaho Law Review.
Before joining Fisher Hudson Shallat, Anthony gained legal experience with the Department of Justice and practiced law as an associate with a large local firm. Anthony has also served as a legislative staffer for a U.S. Congressman and as a Commissioner on the City of Boise’s Historic Preservation Commission.
In his free time, Anthony enjoys traveling and skiing.
- J.D., University of Idaho College of Law, 2014
- B.A., magna cum laude, University of San Diego, 2010
- US District Court (Idaho)
- United States Court of Appeals – Ninth Circuit
Honors & Distinctions:
- Recognized by the Idaho Business Review as a 2019 “Up and Coming Lawyer” in Idaho.
- Recipient of the Idaho Business Review’s Leaders in Law Award.
- Senior Editor, Idaho Law Review
- Recipient of the University of Idaho College of Law “Pro Bono – Service with Distinction” award.
- University of Idaho Dean’s List Honors: 2011, 2012, 2013
- Idaho State Bar
- Young Lawyers Section
- Idaho Trial Lawyer Association
- Idaho State Bar Business and Corporate Law Section
- Idaho State Bar Real Estate Section
- Commissioner, City of Boise Historic Preservation Commission
- Former Community Advisory Board (CAB) member, Boise State Public Radio
- Former Board Member, North End Neighborhood Association
Testimonials about Anthony:
“Anthony Shallat was super helpful in getting me what I needed from a large title insurance company to handle a land dispute. He was diligent and informative in dealings with the title insurance company and the opposing attorneys. The opposing party was very difficult to deal with, and Anthony took it in stride while pushing to get things done. I feel he did an excellent, earnest job and would definitely use him again.” Ray M. – Star
“Anthony was very knowledgeable about Idaho laws. He handled our case in a timely manner. We were successful in our issue, and I would recommend him to friends and family” Patricia O. – Glenns Ferry
“I hired Anthony Shallat to help me cancel a difficult and contentious real estate transaction. Anthony knew time was of the essence and responded promptly and thoroughly. He put me at ease during the consultation and explained my legal position to me. I would highly recommend Anthony Shallat.” Jamie A. – Boise
“I was very glad to receive advice and counsel from Anthony Shallat. He listened and gave advice about some documents I needed to understand. Thank you Anthony.” Sarah W – San Diego
“Anthony Shallat reviewed some contracts for my business and did an excellent job. His work helped me avoid any potential issues that could have arised based on the language in the contract.” Andrew G. – Boise