Anthony Shallat’s practice focuses primarily on real estate and commercial litigation. Anthony also has experience advising small to medium sized companies on entity formation and corporate governance.
During law school, Anthony earned Dean’s List Honors all three years of attendance and served as a Senior Editor on the prestigious Idaho Law Review. Prior to law school, Anthony graduated magna cum laude from the University of San Diego with a Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science.
Before joining Fisher & Hudson, Anthony gained legal experience with the Department of Justice and worked for a mid-size Boise law firm. Anthony has also worked as a political staffer for a U.S. Congressman and as a Policy Associate for a Washington D.C. based political consulting firm. Anthony currently serves as a Commissioner on the City of Boise’s Historic Preservation Commission.
A native Idahoan, Anthony enjoys traveling, skiing, and hunting waterfowl.
- J.D., University of Idaho College of Law, 2014
- B.A., magna cum laude, University of San Diego, 2010
- US District Court (Idaho)
- United States Court of Appeals – Ninth Circuit
Honors & Distinctions:
- Recognized by the Idaho Business Review as a 2019 “Up and Coming Lawyer” in Idaho.
- Recipient of the Idaho Business Review’s Leaders in Law Award.
- Senior Editor, Idaho Law Review
- Recipient of the University of Idaho College of Law “Pro Bono – Service with Distinction” award.
- University of Idaho Dean’s List Honors: 2011, 2012, 2013
- Idaho State Bar
- Young Lawyers Section
- Idaho Trial Lawyer Association
- Idaho State Bar Business and Corporate Law Section
- Idaho State Bar Real Estate Section
- Commissioner, City of Boise Historic Preservation Commission
- Former Community Advisory Board (CAB) member, Boise State Public Radio
- Former Board Member, North End Neighborhood Association
Testimonials about Anthony:
“Anthony Shallat was super helpful in getting me what I needed from a large title insurance company to handle a land dispute. He was diligent and informative in dealings with the title insurance company and the opposing attorneys. The opposing party was very difficult to deal with, and Anthony took it in stride while pushing to get things done. I feel he did an excellent, earnest job and would definitely use him again.” Ray M. – Star
“Anthony was very knowledgeable about Idaho laws. He handled our case in a timely manner. We were successful in our issue, and I would recommend him to friends and family” Patricia O. – Glenns Ferry
“I hired Anthony Shallat to help me cancel a difficult and contentious real estate transaction. Anthony knew time was of the essence and responded promptly and thoroughly. He put me at ease during the consultation and explained my legal position to me. I would highly recommend Anthony Shallat.” Jamie A. – Boise
“I was very glad to receive advice and counsel from Anthony Shallat. He listened and gave advice about some documents I needed to understand. Thank you Anthony.” Sarah W – San Diego
“Anthony Shallat reviewed some contracts for my business and did an excellent job. His work helped me avoid any potential issues that could have arised based on the language in the contract.” Andrew G. – Boise