Why I love being a lawyer: I most enjoy empowering my clients with the very best of advice and advocacy while creating sincere, lifelong and mutually beneficial relationships.
Vaughn has more than 20 years of experience litigating and trying diverse and complex contract and tort cases in state and federal courts. He has represented clients in more than 15 states and advises many Boise companies on litigation options and strategies when disputes arise from interstate business transactions. Vaughn also has vast experience serving as local counsel and hiring and managing attorneys in other jurisdictions.
Prior to moving to Idaho, Vaughn established a successful litigation practice in Atlanta, Georgia, where he served as managing partner of Weizenecker, Mottern & Fisher. During that time he served as lead counsel in several high profile cases, including Sprewell v. New York Post (represented an NBA player in a defamation case) and Darbor v. ValuJet (represented a family in a commercial airline accident suit). After moving to Boise in 2005 Vaughn served as general counsel for an oil and gas exploration company. Then he began his Boise litigation practice in 2010.
Vaughn was born and raised in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Vaughn and his wife Mindy have two children. He is a local performing singer-songwriter who also enjoys golfing, horse racing, skiing, fly fishing and camping.
• J.D., Thomas M. Cooley Law School (1995)
• B.B.A., Kent State University (1991)
• Idaho State Courts
• U.S. District Court, District of Idaho
• Georgia State Courts
• U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
• U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
Professional Associations & Memberships:
• Idaho State Bar (ISB)
• State Bar of Georgia
• Idaho Trial Lawyers Association (ITLA)
• Idaho Business Review: Leaders in Law, Partner, 2015
• Idaho State Bar, Denise Day O’Donnell Pro Bono Award, 2009
• Georgia Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2005